Sexual/Reproductive Healthcare for Everyone of All Ages
Where can you receive quality reproductive healthcare close to home? Check out the resources below. Many clinics in our region offer sliding scale fees for the uninsured.
- Whitesburg Appalachian Regional Hospital – A variety of reproductive and sexual healthcare services are offered through ARH hospitals. To see what is offered at this location visit –http://www.arh.org/Whitesburg/Services/WomensHealthServices.php
- UK North Fork Valley Community Health Center – Located in Hazard, Kentucky, offering comprehensive, family-centered obstetric and gynecological services through all stages of life. Obstetricians and midwife on staff. – http://www.mc.uky.edu/ruralhealth/hazwomenshealth.asp
- Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky – Located in Hazard, Kentucky, offering gynecological servies, OB and high-risk OB care. The website is still under construction. – http://www.pccek.com/home.html
- Mountain Comprehensive Health Center – located in Whitesburg, Kentucky, offering a full range of gynecological and OB services. Obstetrician and midwives on staff. http://www.mountaincomprehensivehealth.com/OB/OB.html
- Kentucky River District Health Departments – The local health departments provide a variety of reproductive/sexual health services including prenatal programs, STD Screenings, Cancer Screenings, WIC, and Breastfeeding Support. – http://www.krdhd.org/hd_adult.shtml
- Rural Cancer Prevention Center – Offers various cancer screenings and free vaccinations for the HPV (Human Papillomaviruses). The Cancer Center’s website provides information fact sheets on the various cancers. – http://www.mc.uky.edu/publichealth/documents/rcpc/FemaleHpvFactSheet.pdf
- Kentucky Ovarian Cancer Screening Program – 1-800-766-8279 or 606-323-4687 – The U.K. Medical Center’s Markey Cancer Center offer a free yearly pelvic exam for all women over the age of 50 (who have not had a complete hysterectomy). Younger women are also eligible if there is a family history of ovarian cancer. Through the County Extension Office, free transportation is provided for the participants of the program. If you are interested in finding out about the free exam, or if you would like to sign up for it, please contact : Ann Bradley – Letcher County Extension Agent – 606-633-2362.
-All photographs featured on EKRHP are modeled stock images from Dreamstime unless otherwise noted.